By Karen Rauch
2 TB olive oil
1 lb. Swiss Chard, trimmed and coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper
6 cups of chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
6 oz. Gouda cheese (goat’s milk), shredded
1 TB unsalted butter
1) Bring stock to simmer in a saucepan.
2) Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering.
3) Add chard stems and sauté, stirring frequently.
4) Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
5) Add chard leaves and cook until wilted. Drain all the ingredients in skillet and transfer to bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
6) Heat 1 TB olive oil in skillet. Add onion and cook until soft.
7) Add rice and cook until coated (about 2 minutes)
8) Add 1 cup of stock and cook, stirring constantly until rice has absorbed most of stock. Repeat until stock has made rice creamy and grains are tender.
9) Remove from heat and stir in cheese, butter and greens.
10) Serve at once (but also really good as a leftover!)